Monday, October 3, 2011

A Toothache is Horrible

But once you get to sleep (if you do!), then you might sleep through the pain and hopefully the pain is a little less in the morning. However, if you're nursing? :roll eyes: Awful.

Thankfully last night was not so bad as the night before. And today I'm going in to see a dentist for the first time in years, except for the visit I made just over a year or so ago to get one pulled.

I am really saddened by all of the people who I've been seeing posts and remarks from online (from googling) who have toothaches and no money or insurance to get any work done. That is AWFUL! Tell me, anyone who's had a toothache - would you wish that pain on anyone? I really think that poor people need better access to dental care. And I'm saying this as someone who fortunately will probably be able to afford to get it pulled/filled whatever it needs to get rid of the pain.

I'm terribly, terribly grateful for all of the dental work the Commonwealth of Massachusetts paid for when I was a child/teenager. Thank you, fellow citizens, for keeping my mouth from being toothless today. (And sans massive amounts of pain). I seriously would be toothless today without any dental work done, I'm pretty sure of that.

On the interesting biology note, did you know that cavities are caused by bacteria pooping acid on your teeth? Streptococcus mutans is responsible (partly) for a biofilm on your teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment