Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rain Gear

Aftasie has a winter rain jacket. Two, in fact (one is bigger, and came with waterproof pants). This is pretty much an essential in the Willamette Valley, where it rains and rains and rains. I know I seem to harp on it, but it's a big deal to an Easterner who's used to sunshine during most of the winter (and extra bright sunshine when fresh snow is on the ground).

I bought nice waterproof shoes. I cannot tell you how much more pleasant it is to wear waterproof shoes than sneakers, which seem to absorb water almost instantly upon stepping outside. I can actually walk across the lawn at school (it's muddy and wet all winter), and I think I've mentioned this fact to my classmate half a dozen times. It is so exciting to me as someone who constantly had wet feet last winter.

So far, my rain gear is a hat and waterproof shoes. A wool jacket is coming soon. This is super exciting. I may actually arrive at classes DRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment