Thursday, October 27, 2011

It Was Sheer Mistake...

The other day I started off for school. It was a beautiful day. The air was crisp, the sky was blue (which is very unlike Willamette Valley autumn), and I was going to arrive at class on time. The sidewalk was empty, and I was just enjoying my morning. Then I crossed the street and walked about 50 feet behind another person. At first, I thought my eyes must be betraying me. Then I looked, and looked (eep!), and realized her skirt was literally 4-5 inches too short in the back, and since her tights were a little small and stretched to their limits (and then some), there was, um, let me just say there was very little coverage. At first I laughed. I laughed! It was horrible. Lots of things ran through my mind - Is she wearing tights as leggings? Is her skirt tucked into her waistband? Does she know? Should I tell her? How do you tell someone about this? "Excuse me, but your skirt is too short. Excuse me, check your backside in the mirror sometime. Excuse me, I can see the bottom of your bottom." 


Since I didn't know how to say it, and because I think there's a chance she planned to dress this way and possibly even looked at it in the mirror, I said not a thing. Though I felt a twinge of "But I would want to be told!!!"

So instead of telling her, since it's obviously too late now, and I'm not sure it's appropriate anyway, consider yourself warned. Do yourself a favor and check if your skirt is tucked into your waistband, and that you are not suffering from overexposure.



No comments:

Post a Comment