Monday, October 10, 2011

Deadlines

Deadlines have always stressed me out. Taxes have always been a struggle for me, because for months before I have everything together that I need to file I feel them looming over me. It starts out small - I feel a little nag in the back of my mind. I console myself that I don't have my W2, or something like that and push it away. But it comes back. After the W2 comes, then I find some excuse that is not so valid. And before you know if I'm pretty stressed.

I had an assignment that I was supposed to finish Friday night. But we had planned to go to a movie at the drive in. So we did! And it was a lot of fun. Saturday was a BEAUTIFUL day. For an Oregon October day when the rain has already started, that is kind of unusual. Instead of rainy and 50 degrees, it was sunny and 70! So we packed up sandwiches and went to the park for the day. Sunday we had a nice breakfast and did some shopping that we needed to do. We bought a new shelf, which is the final installment in my series of shelves, a COUCH! and some lamps and a few other things like bigger socks for Aftasie (she's outgrown all we'd been given!). It was great. So I finished my two pieces of homework Sunday night, which, yes, will be a bit late, but do I really care?

Naaaaah.


And how can I sit here and blog when there are a million other things to do? I'm pumping :) Good ol' breastpump makes it possible for me to just take off and go to class while Porter has Aftasie.

No comments:

Post a Comment