Monday, October 3, 2011

Things to Do


  • blog
  • write journal entry (over)due for CF class
  • write summaries (over)due for CF class, which I've just been informed I've been doing wrong (but the new way should be easier!)
  • copy lab notes (include results) 
  • copy micro lecture notes
  • type interview (can't do here because I forgot my headphones)

I'm sitting in a coffee place, soaked through to the socks, and I have a window seat so I can see cars driving by and people walking by. 

I need to take a break. I have several tasks that are due via computer. I want to stay to only them and blogging for a week (how much blogging could I do?!). And a youtube project, if I get around to it. Otherwise, I need to spend my time online doing something. If I'm too mind-blanked to do something, I need to do nothing. NOTHING. Not surf, not check up on beer stuff. I also need to keep a list of easy things to do in times of mental crisis.

I also need to keep the kitchen clean. It boggles my mind to have things all over the counter, even though I'm so good at filling it up. I brewed yesterday and the counters (all three) are full of things. 

We kind of keep the house split up by responsiblities. I need to work majorly on my part. I'm going to go insane if I don't. There are so many hard things going on right now. I have to have someplace to go that's inviting. Right now it's just another source of stress. 

As soon as I get home, I'm going to get rid of 10 things. Porter can give Aftasie a bottle if she's hungry.

I want to go outside for a run and get soaked and come home and have a hot shower and drink something hot. I'm already soaked, and I'm sure I'll get more soaked on the way home, so this is pretty muck taken care of :) 

Tanya, I would normally tag you on facebook, but maybe you'll read this anyway. I saw two ladies going by on bikes in the rain, with saddlebags and other gear, and the one in back looked at me and smiled - if I was a swearing lady, I could have sworn it was you. But of course, it wasn't. But it made me really miss you and Eugene :) 

I have to remember that I'll only be a nurse if I learn how to deal with everything and don't get overwhelmed before I finish. It's not too much to do - it's just disorganization that makes me so stressed. 

I'm going to see a friend on Friday for coffee. I have only met someone for coffee three or four times in my life. It would be nice to happen more often :) 

I really need a good cry, but it's so hard to do. I don't like to cry around Aftasie, and she's usually around. Bless her heart, the little sweetheart. She sure makes me happy all morning :) 

Oh yeah, and I went to the dentist's this morning and I need to have what they quoted as $670 worth of work done, and that's only three teeth! One needs to be pulled (very back molar, so not so bad) one is on the verge of needing to be pulled but we're going to try a filling, and one needs a filling. 

Gahhhh. 

Alright. I feel much better now. On to homework tasks before I have to get home and empty the milkers! :) 

3 comments:

  1. I also am considering always having half and half around :redface:. Better than drugs for mood enhancement, right? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My writing is awful these days. I am just talking on the computer, really. I don't talk correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get overwhelmed and stressed out (it happens plenty with a baby around, not to mention school and whatever else) the first thing I do is make a to-do list. I know it doesn't change what needs to get done but I feel so much better just by having it all written down. It's like I'm transferring the stress of responsibility onto the paper and off of me!

    ReplyDelete