Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Seasons

I'm experimenting with layouts because I don't really like how I have it. Change to come in the future.

The rain has come. It's raining today, and it rained yesterday. I kind of like it. (I hate to admit it). It's nice and cozy to get out of it. Maybe summers are for getting out, and winters are for coming in. I made a little couch out of our old bed (which was a piece of memory foam) and covered it with my red tartan wool blanket. It's pretty! I can't wait to go couch shopping. There's a thrift store around here run by the Portland Mission that is full of furniture. Comfy is the main thing. I don't really care what color it is because we can cover it up.

I have always loved the change of the seasons. It's so refreshing. I really miss the dramatic changes in the northeast. Winter was snowy and white, and COLD, spring was full of melting snow, and beautiful, warm feeling air (I love balmy breezes), summer was full of sweat, green, and thunderstorms, and fall was full of crisp, cool air, blue skies, and bright leaves on the trees.

I guess you must always miss where you grew up. Even if it's not your favorite place to be, it still holds so many memories. I really do enjoy living in the northwest, but it's not home.

Not only do you leave places as you grow up, you leave time behind. It'll never be yesterday. Maybe I'm thinking about this because it's my birthday tomorrow. I keep forgetting, but I remembered this morning in class. I'll be 24. Life is so different these days!

2 comments:

  1. I went back and visited my hometown in Ky for the first time in several years this past summer. It was sad. It wasn't like I had remembered it and now I feel like the place that was so comforting to me doesn't even exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep! Maybe I should never go back. I've thought about that before. Sometime about life is very wrenching. It's as though we are stitched to each moment and then ripped out as we move along, leaving a little trail of dimly marked pinholes (most of our unremarkable past) or sometimes bits of thread (memories!).

    ReplyDelete