Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Leaving Today!

And the traveling goes on and on. Today I'm leaving to housesit again for a friend. It was so much fun last time and I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun this time too -- much more fun, because Porter is done with school and not started work yet and this will be a little vacation for us. In all I will have spent a month in Eugene this summer!  Like a dream come true :)

The return trip from Kentucky was uneventful except for the 38,000 feet of descent in around 20 minutes, which was very uncomfortable on the ears. I was surprised not to see everyone else in the plane grabbing their ears in pain. Chewing gum helped little. We got up at 7am (4am PST), drove four hours to Cincinnati, took a one hour flight to Atlanta, had an hour and a half layover, then flew 5 hours to Portland, arriving at 7:15 pm (PST). We ended up arriving home at 9:30pm (PST). It was not so bad, though. Aftasie was happy most of the time and she slept for a few hours on the 5 hour flight. She had fun waving at passengers behind us, and playing with the man who was sitting next to us.

All in all, I was happy with the amount of clothing and stuff I brought. Were I to travel regularly, I would get a wardrobe that worked better. For some reason, the jeans I always wear at home were suddenly too tight, so I couldn't bring those. The pair of jeans I did bring are too tight in the waist generally, but ended up being so big by the end of the trip that they were falling down. The skirt I brought was too small in the waist as well, so I didn't wear it very much. I think I would get a pair or two of pants in a dark color and bring one nice top along with other casual tops. One thing to factor in is the weather. I knew it would be warm enough to go without a jacket but I didn't realize I would be practically drenched in sweat every day. It was definitely not practical to go wearing the same pair of jeans all week, so had I not brought the skirt I would have needed to either bring a second pair of pants to wear while one washed, or planned it so I could wash it overnight, which would mean bringing *something* to wear, whether it be PJs or a robe, while I ran around the house to the dryer and washer.



No comments:

Post a Comment