Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ahhhhh!!

I am so upset. The internet at the library is not functioning properly and I've spent half an hour moving  around and playing with settings trying to get it to work. I hate wasting time.

This definitely is not 35k a year quality internet. Where does the money go, anyway?


Furthermore, there is seemingly no good way to print out chapters from the nursing ebooks for carrying around  here and there with me. I really, really dislike Elsevier. A chapter that should only be 30 pages turns out 88 pages printed, and there's no option to print every other page so you can make it double-sided.  Pasting it to Word to print it out results in 132 pages, since the formatting is all off. Changing the font to 9 point brings it down to 72 pages. WHY!? Why?! Why do they need to make us buy eBooks and then make them so useless?

I guess one last resort will be talking with Porter and seeing if he has PDF editing software in which he could make the font size smaller.



No comments:

Post a Comment