Tuesday, August 28, 2012

100th post!

Not too phenomenal but I thought I'd mention it :)

So, junior year of nursing has begun! It's not too bad, so far. In fact, outside of certain issues I have with the program itself, I am LOVING the material. We are learning things that we will use as nurses. A lot of prereqs, such as A&P and such, are necessary, but now we finally get to see how it all comes together. How would I know what happens to body systems in a dehydrated body unless I had studied A&P and pathophysiology? Now I am learning what to do about it and it makes sense. I think there is a lot from A&P that I take for granted -- doesn't everyone know what erythrocytes do in a hypertonic solution? ;)


I have the mornings for studying. It is great to have a block of time to do homework in. Once I'm home I have to tend to Aftasie and such, so I need to keep up with homework in the mornings so I can be freer in the afternoons. It's so much less stressful than last semester, even at the beginning. I went home between every class and just hung out at home all day. It was fun to do that, but it lead to a lot of stress when exams came up and I hadn't studied at all!


I missed my first voice class yesterday! I was sure it was a Tu-Th class and it turns out it's a Mo-Fr class. Still doable with my schedule, but I'm sad I missed the first one. The instructor is very good and I've been looking forward to taking a voice class with her for a while. It's only one credit, and it'll be good to have an excuse to do some music.

Well, the five-minute rest timer just went off so it's back to the books for another half hour before I go home.

One thing I really want to do this semester is improve my posture. I'm not sure, other than always being aware of it and practicing it. Are there exercises which can help you do that? I've had poor posture for so long I think my muscles are all out of whack and don't want to help me have good posture :( Speaking of posture, I'm sure it will come up in voice lessons and maybe my teacher will have some good advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment