Saturday, August 11, 2012

Precocious Pottying

This summer Aftasie has spent a lot of time out of her diaper, mostly due to trying to combat the yeast.

One side effect is that we're very aware of when she's peeing or pooping. One day a few months ago I said something about myself using the bathroom to pee and Aftasie went right there in front of me on the floor! So we bought a potty chair and put her on it whenever we're in the bathroom. We've caught a fair number of poops because her facial expression makes is so obvious that she's about to poop. The only pee I catch, though, is first thing in the morning and I have to *jump* out of bed with her as soon as she gets up and says hi (she usually says hi many times when she first gets up. Probably many times because we just roll over and try to get more sleep!). Otherwise she pees on the bed. Oddly enough, I've discovered  that if she's diaperless, probably 3 out of 4 nights she doesn't pee at all during the night. If she has her diaper on she's always wet in the morning.

But anyway! Lately she's been saying "Mama! Mama! Mama!" with an intensity when she needs to poop. She wants me to help her on the potty chair. But today, she went in the bathroom BY HERSELF and put herself on the chair and PEED! I seriously couldn't believe it. She's not even 14 months old yet. I thought that maybe once she was two we'd introduce her to the idea of potty training, but if she continues on like this she'll probably be most of the way there by the time she's two.

Well, off I go. I have decided that I will go to bed at the same time as Aftasie tonight and get up early to do homework, instead of staying up late and doing it now. Hopefully she'll stay in bed another few hours after I get up and start getting some work done. She went to sleep about 15 minutes ago now, and if I'm not careful I'll get stuck here till midnight and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment