Monday, July 30, 2012

Leaving Tomorrow

We are going home from Kentucky tomorrow. Time has flown by. I am really surprised by how fast the week has gone. When I get home, I'm housesitting again for a bit and then in less than two weeks school starts! I don't know if I'm prepared. I need to get mentally prepared for it, mostly. The first semester I was very careful to go out and buy all of the supplies I thought I would need - highlighters, mechanical pencils, erasers, colored pencils, etc. Most of them I did end up using, but in later semesters I've needed less and less of all that fun stuff. I hardly used any notebook filler paper last semester because I took all of my notes on the computer or on printed out powerpoint presentations. This semester I would expect to be the same. I really stocked up on filler paper the first semester and I bet we will still be using it when Aftasie learns how to write.

I will be using plenty of notecards, however, since next semester I will be taking pharmacology and memorizing many medications and details about them.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, yes, I know what you mean! As the semesters go by, the only things I have really used have been a laser printer (SO much printing!), notecards, and a big notecard ring to keep my flashcards together. Or maybe I just like clicking the ring open and shut while I study; I don't know. :)
    - M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes! A ring. I see other nursing students with those. I think I will probably need to get myself one too.

    I wonder if it's even worse for grad students. Probably :( No fun stuff. :P

    ReplyDelete