Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sick

I have not been notably sick for a long time. I can't remember, for instance, the last time I had the flu. I don't even remember the last time I got a cold. A few days ago Aftasie had a fever of about 100 F for about a day. Then I started feeling funny. Not really bad, just funny. I knew I was getting something.

And yes, I have something! Not really really miserable, only a little miserable. Digestive ailments that I won't mention, a cough, a runny nose. Not my idea of fun in the blazing hot summer, but at least I am not nauseated! I can hardly believe it. Happy me :)

In between blowing my nose, I've been looking at my school schedule for the next two semesters. It is going to be tough, no way around it. But I've also been realizing that they adjust things for the extra clinical load. For instance, this semester we only had 6 hours a week of clinicals, but a fair number of other classes besides nursing. Next semester we'll have 8, and about the same amount of other studies, but after that semester the class load goes down as clinical load goes up. Our senior year, for instance, we'll be doing 30+ hours of clinicals a week, but only nursing classwork. I don't think it will be easy, per se, but it won't be the same class load as now PLUS a quadrupling in clinical hours.

*achoo*

Oh, and the other day I went to the doctor for the first time in who knows how long. About a week ago bump appeared on my knee, and it grew pretty quickly to larger than a quarter in diameter, and kind of spongy and a little inflamed. Naturally, the speed at which it grew concerned me, so I got an appointment for a few days later. By the time the appointment came it had started to shrink and I was a little embarrassed to be in the doctor's office. And of course I had a mask on, because I really was sick, and I explained I wasn't really there for the same reason I was wearing a mask.

But anyway, to cut to the chase, she took one look at the bump, palpated it, asked a few questions, and pronounced my knee to have a case of bursitis. Not a bad one, obviously, since it's on its way out, but she said to watch out for how long I kneel for, and to be aware that they can get quite large but are not serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment