Friday, July 20, 2012

Bye Bye Pocket Wallet

Years ago I started using a nifty little grey "wallet" that was essentially just a zippered pouch. It has always been hard to find cards, and cash would just be wadded up between the cards. Over a year ago the zipper broke, which means that besides having to look for every card every time, all of the cards fall out periodically.

4 years ago someone gave me a beautiful (big) red wallet for my birthday. I put it in my closet and forgot about it, because I didn't want to have to carry a purse everywhere and this wallet definitely is not a pocket wallet. Every time I've purged I've hung on to it because it's so nice, and I thought I might use it someday. The day has come! I've realized that I almost always carry a purse or bag around anyway because I can't fit everything gracefully into my pockets anymore (keys, wallet, etc). So I'm preparing to say goodbye to my trusty old broken zippered pouch.

For now, I'll be slipping the wallet into either my casual orange bag or my black purse that I reserve for less casual situations. In the future, I want to have a multipurpose small leather purse that can be used for wallet and essentials whether I'm wearing jeans or a dress. I think a key to making it work in all situations might be having two shoulder straps - a long one and a short one. I don't like wearing a bag that can't be put across my body for ease of carrying but I also don't think it seems appropriate for dress wearing. I'd rather have a short strap for that to just go over one shoulder. I guess even better would be an adjustable strap, but who knows what I'll find.

Goodbye old wallet, in with the new. (I know it's a horrible picture, but what's better, bad pictures or no pictures?)


No comments:

Post a Comment