Friday, September 30, 2011

Round

The other day I was thinking about how I was going to blog about all my plans to lose weight and become thinner when it struck me that I don't really want to be thinner. I saw myself in the mirror at school and realized that I have a different body than I ever have. I actually feel much more balanced with all the weight I've gained on the top, and I have a little thicker waist. It dawned on me that I could like me, since I like other people who are not very slender. I don't have to look in the mirror and say, "Ugh, I can't wait till I lose the weight!" I don't want to continually gain and end up overweight when I'm older, but I'm happy here. When my boobs shrink after breastfeeding ceases, then I will probably need to lose some to help feel more balanced (which might happen naturally, I don't know).

My goal is not to lose weight, or even drop sizes. I want to be strong again. I want to feel able. I want to be healthy! I think the best goals as far as eating goes is to add things to my diet, not take out things. And PE class is awesome. I'm always sore from workouts :) They took my body fat at the beginning so I'll be able to test it at the end and see if I've gained any muscle. That will be exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment