Monday, September 26, 2011

Pictures of Aftasie's trip to the coast

Aftasie when we first got there

Walking down to the edge of the cliff

We stayed in one of those buildings you see. See the people halfway up the trail? It was really hard to descend, a little easier to climb back up.

The little queen on her throne. Hehe. 



Pop and Aftasie (he's got a front carrier) on the luscious green trail up to Cape Perpetua



Wearing Porter's hat :) 
The camera wouldn't let me expose both object correctly. Porter and Aftasie and the ocean. This was about halfway up, maybe? 

Pictures don't do it justice. It's an 800+ foot cliff that overlooks the ocean, and not only the ocean, but little inlets where the waves crash quite violently. It's AMAZING. 

You can kind of see how small the highway is, but it's much more impressive in person. 

The path leading up to Cape Perpetua is so pretty and fun to hike. 

On the way down

I think she enjoyed herself :) How could she have not? She had transportation up to the top and back and nursed long enough once we got there that mommy got sunburned :P 

5 comments:

  1. She'll enjoy these photos when she's older. :)

    So you snuck my hat did you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you enjoy the coast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED it. It really turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it made you feel as good as it made me. We needed a cure. I'm so grateful you set up the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)
    I think we should just plan to go out there regularly. It is a balm for the soul.

    ReplyDelete