Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nursing Application

The nursing application is due Friday! I have everything finished except last-minute proofreading of my essays. It is so exciting. I will be so happy when everything is turned in. I will be able to focus much better once it's in, I think. It's amazing how much procrastination is due to mental blocks.

Last night I cleaned out a case and a half of bottles. It is always so much work to get them clean initially!  I was going to bottle yesterday but I was just too tired, and I wasn't finished cleaning the bottles till late in the evening. Today I think I will, once I get everything for the nursing application wrapped up and together in a folder to pass in tomorrow. I have an oatmeal stout and a fresh hops ale to be bottled. I tasted the fresh hops one when I took a hydrometer reading the other day. I don't know if the hops really came through that much. I know I needed to use extra hops because they weren't dried, but maybe I didn't add enough extra. Or maybe we'll find out that it ages to perfection! I know I don't make very good beer anyway. There are too many variables right now - fermentation is not at a steady, cool temp, I don't really cool it properly to get a good cold break, I haven't been getting the hot break out, etc., etc. And I use the cake mix type of beer recipe, with malt syrup rather than mashing my own grains. Too much work/time/money/space for right now to upgrade to all-grain, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment