Monday, November 21, 2011

At the Library

So what does one do when the router disappears? Well, Porter was up later than me the night it went away and we had agreed it would be the last night with the internet for a month, so I woke up and the internet was gone.

First thought that pops into my mind is "I've got to check the email." And then I remember, oh, no internet! I by habit sit in my nursing chair by the table (which I usually use the computer at) and I don't open my computer, but I want to. When I walked by the fridge and the router was missing, it was like something had died. It was much quieter. Much more still.

I kind of cheated and went on facebook on my kindle. Of course, it WAS to get a phone number, but it took so long to log in (because it was a new device that I hadn't previously logged in from) I felt as though I had been on for quite a while.

I am really liking the lack of internet at home. Of course, here I am at school wasting time on the computer, but when I go home, I can't zone out on it.

And you know, I know there are people who live with the internet and are fine. I think I just have (almost) no social life outside of school. That's fine when it's just little ol' me and want to stew all day. But Aftasie needs to get out and have friends and do things.

I want to find a parent/child group, particularly of the Peaceful Parenting variety, so Aftasie can play with other babies.

1 comment:

  1. You're brave! I've thought about doing that many times. I wish I just had the self control to stop myself!

    Re: the bike seat. I have the Bell Classic Child Carrier. It's fairy inexpensive and widely available. I've been very pleased with it but we haven't had any accidents so I don't know about its safety in a crash. It had good reviews on Amazon from folks who HAD been in accidents while using it and they were all positive. Amazingly, It hadn't throw my balance off at all, though now that Gideon is quite heavy it is harder to get up hills.

    ReplyDelete