Saturday, November 19, 2011

Internet Update

I've been telling friends for a month (at least) that we're getting rid of the internet. Well, we WERE getting rid of the internet, until I found out that we are on a contract that will cost $90 to break. I called up the company and asked them if we could stop the internet service without breaking  a contract (I suspected as much) and they said no, there'd be a $90 termination fee, but is this for financial reasons? Oh, partly that, and partly just because we want to spend less time on it. We just had a baby [laugh]. Well I can put a $5 monthly credit on your account, no new contract, no change in service. 
I asked a few times if it would change, and he said no, so I guess we just got 25% off our internet service, which is cool.

But anyway, this is all to say that we're cutting home internet down by getting rid of it ourselves. For the next month, the router is going away! (Yay!) (That rhymes. Try saying it.)

During that period, I have internet email access on my kindle (and blog access, incidentally) and I'll also have full internet at school. So no dropping off of the planet. Just a little more family time in the evenings, and no more nursing the baby staring at a stupid computer screen.

After that period, we're going to bring back the internet all new - "Try it now! All new -- More limited!"


So ta ta for now. (I actually like saying that, but I don't like ttfn, generally, so I don't say it).

No comments:

Post a Comment