Monday, November 7, 2011

Absolute Bliss

I have to spend most of my day at school today. Usually I come home between classes and feed Aftasie and eat breakfast, etc. The rest of the semester is a little busier than it has been, so I've got to actually buckle down now.

So, this morning I got up a little earlier than usual and when I was finished showering (and freezing cold!) Aftasie woke up and started crying. So I crawled into bed and fed her and it was pretty much the best thing all week :) I wanted to just stay and sleep, and be warm, and have my family next to me. It was beyond great, if was like being on happy drugs (not that I know what that's like, hehe). I almost feel like setting the alarm for early, getting cold, and then crawling into bed to feel warm and cozy ;)

Speaking of which, I DID used to set my alarm early, just so I could go back to bed. Back in the home days of getting up for family devotions (if you didn't get up on time, you got punished), I thought it was pleasant to set my alarm for 3am, start getting up, and then realize that I had a few more hours to sleep and go back to sleep. Haha.

All of this talk about sleep has me fantasizing about when I'll be able to sleep at normal hours that I choose, and wake up in the morning feeling well-rested. It's going to be awesome. You never know how it is till you don't have it anymore! Also, I might just add here that if someone had explained to me exactly what was involved in mothering a child, I don't know what I would have done. I don't think I would have thought I could do it. Once you have a baby, you just meet the challenges that you face.

Similar to school, in a way. Had I known exactly the struggles I would have had in school, and all the work involved, I never would have signed up. Good thing I don't really know much about how nursing school will be ;)

Which goes to say, after all, things can be much worse before and after you experience them, especially if you're afraid of them. Before you start, you're full of nervous anticipation, and afterwards since you don't have to do it anymore, you can dwell on the hard parts you passed and impress yourself that you finished. But while you're doing it, you just do it...Speaking of which, I'm off to lab to put in a few hours on those unknowns.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, wifey!

    Winter break is coming soon, you know.

    ReplyDelete