Sunday, May 5, 2013

Expecting!

We are expecting a baby!

I cannot tell you how excited we are, or how happy I am that morning sickness is almost over and baby-movement-feeling-time is almost here! :D

The last five weeks have not been so easy-peasy. Clinicals at the hospital were interspersed with "bathroom" breaks, and I've lost 16 pounds. I am so relieved that classes and finals are done. I think I could live through anything at the end of pregnancy after living through the nausea. Thankfully there were only two really bad weeks where I could hardly eat anything, and I thought I just couldn't keep going. I mean, after the first two DAYS I was counting down how far I had to go with the nausea and I couldn't believe that there might be another few months of it. But it's been 6 weeks now and I'm starting to feel a little better. Still throwing up here and there but nowhere near as nauseated. Thank GOD!

So now I'm a senior nursing AND 12 weeks preggo. Pretty exciting. I'm so glad I made it through the nausea and school! The baby is due at an interesting time - about three weeks before the end of classes -- but everything will end up working out and I'm really not worried at all. I can't wait to start feeling the baby kick. My pants are a little tight but I've lost so much weight it's not really that noticeable. Well, I admit it - I was in maternity pants at like 7 weeks. I hate feeling constricted around my waist anyway and I jumped at the chance to wear cushy waistband pants. But they keep falling down, and I have to pull them up constantly. :P

So, that's how I lost 16 pounds. Just don't eat anything and throw up anything that you do keep down!

I have been fantasizing about food for a while now, because in theory, a lot of stuff sounds good. But go to prepare it? Or actually face it on the plate? That's another story. So I have a running list of things I want to make when I feel better. I'm afraid of trying to eat it now and "ruining" it. Included are Grandmom's cheesecake, Porter's enchilada casserole (mmmm!) And Gramdmom's meatballs and spaghetti, which incidentally are in the freezer and I could just pop out right now but the thought of actually eating it makes me nauseous.

One of the only things I've been able to look forward and eat this past week is tomato soup. And chips and hummus. The rest of the stuff I just try not to think about, and drink it in between iced ginger ale or lemon-lime soda. So I think I'm off to eat a can of tomato soup!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    (lurker who's commented occasionally)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Bonnie! That's wonderful! I am so inspired by your journey through school with a child. I'm starting school in the fall and I'm hoping to get my AA done before we have another child. I will tell myself "Bonnie did it, so can I!"

    ReplyDelete