Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Christmas in May

I am SO blown away and happy by the wonderful gift I got from a friend recently. She just had another baby and asked me if I wanted her maternity clothes. GODSEND! I wore out a lot of the clothes I had with Aftasie because I had so few -- the pants got holes in places that made them absolutely indecent and I had to throw them away, and some of the shirts are stained. Well, anyway, I am just getting to the size where I'm not really fitting in my regular shirts and they don't hang down long enough to cover my pants. And here comes this huge box of cute maternity clothes that, excepting two pieces, fit me and they are are really nice. Like Christmas on steroids. Except I never used to get presents on Christmas, really, so like birthday on steroids I guess. It was WONDERFUL to unpack the box. Now I just have to pack away the clothes that are getting too small and I should have a much easier time managing my clothes.

Also, I love it when the best solution to shoes is to look in your closet. Granted, I don't really have many shoes to begin with (I think I might be up to 8, counting flip-flops) but I had totally forgotten about this great pair of shoes I had scored at the thrift store that meet all of the expectations I had noted here in the last post -- brown leather, comfortable for walking, nicer than sneakers without being dressy. LOVE it. Also, I realized I have a few maternity dresses in the closet, which is going to be perfect once summer re-arrives (it's begun to rain again, and probably will for the next month or so). I think I had gotten them at the very end of pregnancy last time so I didn't have much of a chance to wear them since I was pregnant mostly in the winter.



1 comment: