Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Different Stages

I have been hanging out with moms recently, since Aftasie goes out on playdates and we meet at places like the library and the indoor fun parks around here. I was just realizing today how out of sync my life projects are with most of the rest of "normal" people. When I'm at school, there is pretty much no one pregnant. You're the anomaly if you are. In these groups of moms out there, practically everyone is pregnant or has a child or more, and everyone owns an Ergo and potty training is either coming up or just finished.

I know it's not really the general public, though, since plenty of moms are working instead of having the luxury of taking children out on playdates and such. (And believe me, I never understood the word "playdate" --and even thought it was funny --  until I had a kiddo!). But anyway, it's just dawning on me that it really is not the usual thing to raise a family and do undergraduate at the same time (statistically speaking, that is).

But I guess I'm not a statistic, am I? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment