Monday, February 13, 2012

Week Six

Ah, Monday again. It's crazy how fast it happens. I hardly notice Mondays, though. They just come and go before I know it. It's a full day; 2 hours of nursing class plus 1+ hours of lab, one hour of pathophys and a 2.5 hour night class. Tuesday is no classes, so I'm home with Aftasie and try to balance home work with hanging out with her. Wednesday is clinicals day, so 6 hours of clinicals plus pathophysiology in the afternoon. Thursday is no class until night, then I have a 2.5 hour night class. Friday is 2 hours of nursing and an hour of patho. Not bad. Last Friday I didn't even know it was Friday. In fact, I was shocked it was Friday. No wait, that was the Friday before that, because the next Friday I remarked "Wow, it's Friday again already!"

Well, anyway, the days are all melding into weeks and I barely remember when I did things. I know I have a big quiz Wednesday, so tomorrow's priority is studying for that. Then immediately following that I have to start studying for an exam Thursday night, for which I plan to cram (yes, it works for certain classes and I'm trusting that nutrition will be one of them!). I have a Bible class project due next Monday for which I've done no work at all (but it isn't very involved). Then I know Health Assessment midterm is coming up someplace, but I'm pretty up-to-date on studying for that since it's a nursing class. Then a patho test on the 27th, for which I'm also keeping up pretty well. But one thing at a time! I know I need to start hitting the skills part of Assessment class more, which will be tested at the end of the semester, but I'm not going to do much till after Thursday night's test. Aftasie is an excellent subject to practice examinations on, by the way! I did a lungs and thorax and heart assessments on her half a dozen times this afternoon and she thought we were playing :)

And that was all probably super-boring. No one wants to hear another's schedule laid out in so much detail. But there you have it. My school life right now.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe this is a stupid question, but what is a bible class and what do they teach there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....it's a required class at the school I go to (which is a Christian school). These bible classes are pretty much theology classes, or Christian religion classes. The class this semester is teaching that women in the OT were powerful pretty much because of their sexuality.
    Definitely not a stupid question. Sometimes I wonder, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't knew that it is a christian school, so I was a little surprised that you have to attend bible classes. That's not what I would expect at a nursing school.

      Delete
    2. Same here! Thankfully this is my last class to take of that sort. They were spread out a little more in the semester but I wanted to get them over with so I took some early.

      Delete
  3. I think it is interesting to see how you're actually making it all work. I am trying to get out of all my classes again this semester because i just literally didn't do any of the work. I mean I am busy, but some people, like you, can do it!!

    ReplyDelete