Saturday, October 4, 2014

Halfway Through

I can't believe it but I'm about halfway through the training program. I have learned a lot, although I still feel like I know nothing most of the time! Every time I make progress in one area it seems like I am lacking in another. The biggest challenge is putting everything together. Fits and starts.

I dream nearly constantly of nursing. Last night Omilie kept waking up. I remembered somewhere in the back of my head that Porter said I should give her Tylenol tonight because she's teething. I then concluded that I had already started her on 25 mcg of fentanyl (a painkiller) via IV and I didn't need to give her oral medication. I thought this every time I woke up, except toward the end of the night I though "But I'm not on shift right now, which means I'm not authorized to practice as a nurse and I can't give her IV medication." I was too tired to get up and give her any :(

Another thing is that I dream about missed pieces of charting, or getting to the end of the day and having missed an assessment entirely.

They tell me it gets less and less as time goes on...

1 comment: