Wednesday, September 19, 2012

4th Week

It's hard for me to believe this is the fourth week of school that we're finishing up already. Everything is moving ahead at blazing speed. Today I went for clinical orientation at the hospital I'm assigned to. It's pretty exciting! Last semester we were in the lab preparing for 9 weeks; this time for 3 weeks. It'll be pretty great to get out there are start doing nursing stuff. A little scary, too.

I also had a math test this morning, which we have to pass with 100% to proceed. I'm not particularly worried about it because I have passed all of the math tests so far without a hitch (it's mostly basic math, but it's a little tricky setting up conversion factors and we've had to memorize things like how many milliliters are in a teaspoon).

It is quiet in the house for once. Porter is at work and Aftasie went to sleep (she skipped her nap today!). She slept really late and I figured she wouldn't nap, but I had no idea she'd go to bed at 7. If she doesn't wake up in a few minutes I'm going to be holding my breath to see what time she gets up tomorrow. Probably at the crack of dawn :P

Aftasie is wonderfully social. She has been going to daycare 1-3 hours a week because of our schedules overlapping in the afternoon and she has had such a fun time playing there. Today she didn't want to leave! We hung out there together for probably 30 minutes before I insisted we move on home. Then we went to school on the way home to pick something up and we were there for at least another hour. She talked with people, looked at rocks on the ground, ate some food, picked some flowers, and just hung out. She is a fun little girl :)

Well...I'm "free," so homework calls. Just wanted to give a quick update, since I know it's been a while since I've written and it'll probably be a while till I update again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment